Why this is an awesome job (aka Why you want to work with us!)
Are you a creative and friendly ‘people-person’ who likes a wide range of activities and hobbies such as technology, coding, science or crafting and making? Are you enthusiastic about helping others, eager to showcase your knowledge or creativity, yet patient enough to work with children ages 5 – 12? Bonus if you like video games, toys, dolls and dinosaurs!
Come join our fun workplace that pays well, provides valuable work experience and hires nice, friendly people. We have 7 Toronto camp locations to choose from, all conveniently accessible by TTC.
All are welcome, whether techie or artsy, introvert or extrovert, so long as you take pride in your work, are a reliable team player and you’re excited to work with children.
About The Role
As Codezilla’s Camp Supervisor your #1 job is to ensure that the team at your location is delivering ‘Safe, Educational Fun’ to the campers. You will support the Instructors and Camp Coordinator to ensure we deliver an amazing camp experience, and take responsibility for all the campers and staff on site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in training of Camp Coordinator and Instructors;
- Observe and evaluate programming throughout summer
- Supervise staff of 1-3 Instructors and Camp Coordinator
- Conduct administrative duties such as evaluations, incident reports, contacting parents
- Oversee beginning and end-of-day procedures
- Assist with inventory and organization;
- Provide superior customer service;
- Take ownership of camper and staff safety during an emergency procedure;
- Help organize and facilitate staff socials;
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age at the start of a program;
- Previous experience working in a camp setting and/or with children and youth;
- Ability to remain organized throughout work day
- Ability to supervise a staff team (collaborate, resolve conflict, provide feedback/tools, etc.);
- Ability to lead training and camp activities;
- Ability to take charge of all different types of situations
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of daily tasks;
- Ability to bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm to each day;
- Ability to be responsible (punctual, balance time constraints, prioritize safety of campers/staff, etc.);
- Enjoy working with children and youth;
- Upon hire, a Criminal Background Check (with Vulnerable Sector Screening) is required (over 18 years of age) or Statutory Declaration (under 18 years of age).
- Upon hire, completion of First Aid training and special training on how to support kids’ needs
- All updated COVID vaccines and immunizations
- This job may be funded by the Canadian Summer Jobs grant, so must be eligible to work in Canada
Compensation & Job Details
- $600-$630 per week ($20-$21 per hour) + end of camp bonus
- 100% onsite 30 hours per week, 9am-4pm (with possibility of more hours)
- This is a full time seasonal role
Codezilla provides coding classes, STEM and maker camps and parties, and lunch and after school programs for kids ages 4 – 14 in Toronto.,
We specialize in Educational Fun using age-appropriate computer software and award-winning tech toys.
Our coding classes for kids are teacher-endorsed and parent-approved. We want all kids, especially girls and marginalized children, to learn how to code. That’s why we always offer fair prices and subsidized spots.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply here.
Our team of staff is one of the things that makes our Camps so unique. If you’re looking for new experiences and opportunities for personal and professional growth, this is the place for you!