Why this is an awesome job (aka Why you want to work with us!)
Are you a creative and friendly ‘people-person’ who likes a wide range of activities and hobbies such as technology, coding, science or crafting and making? Are you enthusiastic about helping others, eager to showcase your knowledge or creativity, yet patient enough to work with children ages 5 – 12? Bonus if you like video games, toys, dolls and dinosaurs!
Come join our fun workplace that pays well, provides valuable work experience and hires nice, friendly people. We have 7 Toronto camp locations to choose from, all conveniently accessible by TTC. We run small camps, yet we over-staff – so you have the guarantee of team support in a welcoming and caring camp environment.
All are welcome, whether techie or artsy, introvert or extrovert, so long as you take pride in your work, are a reliable team player and you’re excited to work with children.
About The Role
As Codezilla’s Camp Instructor your #1 job is to ensure that we are delivering ‘Safe, Educational Fun’ to the campers. You will be interacting directly with the campers to ensure we deliver an amazing camp experience!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help create and implement a weekly schedule
- Assist in the supervision of campers and ensure camper safety at all times
- Organize and lead a variety of camp activities each week. Activities may include STEAM-based crafts, coding computer games/animations and indoor or outdoor games.
- Prep materials and assist in set-up/clean-up.
- Communicate with the Team about any and all concerns
- Help maintain accurate camp records
- Report and inform camp management of any issues, and help identify ways to improve camp operations
- Participate in camp training: our coding curriculum and/or craft programs, plus child-safety practices
- Must be at least 16 years of age within the calendar year.
- Team player: you readily help out your team members and work together to create an awesome camp experience for the kids!
- Ability to be responsible (punctual, prioritize safety of campers/other staff, etc.).
- Ability to bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm to each day.
- Strong communication skills: you can demonstrates and assist kids as they learn
- Must enjoy working with children and youth.
- Previous experience working with children or youth (babysitting, tutoring, camp, after-school programs, etc.) is desirable.
- Upon hire, a Criminal Background Check (with Vulnerable Sector Screening) is required (over 18 years of age) or Statutory Declaration (under 18 years of age).
- Upon hire, completion of First Aid training and special training on how to support kids’ needs
- All updated COVID vaccines and immunizations
- This job may be funded by the Canadian Summer Jobs grant, so must be eligible to work in Canada
Compensation & Job Details
- $480-$510 per week ($16-$17 per hour) + end of camp bonus
- 100% onsite 30 hours per week, 9am-4pm (with possibility of more hours)
- This is a full time seasonal role
Codezilla provides coding classes, STEM and maker camps and parties, and lunch and after school programs for kids ages 4 – 14 in Toronto.,
We specialize in Educational Fun using age-appropriate computer software and award-winning tech toys.
Our coding classes for kids are teacher-endorsed and parent-approved. We want all kids, especially girls and marginalized children, to learn how to code. That’s why we always offer fair prices and subsidized spots.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply here.
Our staff team is one of the things that makes our Camps programs so unique. If you’re looking for new experiences and opportunities for personal and professional growth, this is the place for you!