THE IDEAL HIRE:
- You need to be reliable, responsible & organized (last minute cancellations = a disappointed team member = sad kids)
- You have the confidence to teach, the patience to work with kids and the personality to make each session fun!
- You’re a team player and eager to share your knowledge with others
- You genuinely like kids! You are patient, good-tempered, and youthful in your attitude
- You will properly maintain our high-value electronics equipment (packing up, helping to re-charge laptops, identify missing tech toy parts)
- YOU HAVE: solid communication skills and are comfortable working with children (ages 5-14, we try to match for your age preference)
- YOU LOVE: working with your team members, learning new things and are comfortable with technology (tech toys, software)
- TECH SKILLS: coding experience may include: beginner coding programs such as Scratch/Scratch Jr, Swift, Python, HTML, app-making, etc.
- YOU WILL: assist with computer set up/maintenance and help arrange transportation of equipment to/from schools (via our business Uber/Lyft account)
BONUS SKILLS & OPTIONAL WORK:
- tech-related projects, such as website updates, filming or editing Codezilla videos, YouTube and TikTok updates
- creating and testing new coding curriculum for children, identifying new STEM or Tech Toys for purchase, etc
MANDATORY: vulnerable service sector (VSS) police checks for all hires. Covid vaccinations for in-person teaching.
COMPENSATION: student hires: $16 – $17/hr, promotion within 3 months ($17 – $21/hr), plus performance bonuses, optional digital work & great real-life work experience with team memners!
** Training will be provided for working with children and teaching technology using our Codezilla curriculum.**
TO APPLY: please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put ‘Coding Instructor’ in the subject line.